Rhode Island residents who are age 18 and over can apply for GPA. To be eligible, a person must:
- Have an illness, injury, or medical condition that is expected to last 30 days or more and prevents a person from working
- Have a monthly income limit of $327/month for an individual and $449/month for a couple
- Have resources $400 or less
- Have only one automobile with a value of less than $4,650
- Cannot be eligible for other federal assistance programs, except for SNAP benefits (food stamps)
- Cannot have a child under 18 living with the applicant
- Cannot be pregnant
For more information:
To apply, please contact your local DHS Office.
For general questions, please call the DHS Call Center at 1-855-MY-RIDHS (1-855-697-4347).